REPSSI is implementing a project to End Child Marriage in Lesotho and Tanzania by:
- Training and supporting teachers to improve the psychosocial environment of their schools
- Establishing clubs for girls and boys that will discourage child marriage, enhance psychosocial skills and encourage girls and boys to stay in school
- Identifying suitable children and youth to advocate against child marriage
- Partnering with local authorities, organizations, faith-based leaders and traditional leaders to hold community conversations with parents and community leaders to End Child Marriage
- Agreeing on local policies against child marriage and to curb practices which encourage child marriage
- National advocacy on ending child marriage and keeping children in school.
Regionally REPSSI and RIATT ESA are engaging with the AU campaign to end child marriage.
Globally, REPSSI is a member of the Girls not Brides movement.
REPSSI Zambia continued collaboration with Chieftainess Kawaza in the Eastern Province. In 2019, we focused on capacity building of village committees, including in the Minimum Package of Services, use of PSS resources and a learning visit on the operation of village taskforces. Village committees of traditional counsellors were established to provide counsel and support to young people (male and female).